JEE Main 2018 Result has been released by CBSE on 30th April 2018 at 6:30 Pm for JEE Main Paper 1. JEE Main 2018 concluded successfully on April 08 in offline mode and April 15, 2018. CBSE has released the official answer key along with images of candidates’ OMR sheets and machine recorded responses.
How to Check JEE Main Results?
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the result link (Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2018)- with Rank
- Enter your JEE Main Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Your JEE Main Result will be displayed in your computer screen.
- Take a printout of the rank card for future reference i.e. counselling and admission purposes.
About JEE Main
- JEE Main is the first stage of JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) – the biggest national level engineering entrance.
- JEE Apex Board has assigned CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) to conduct the entrance on its behalf.
- The performance in JEE Main is used as the basis for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs while top performers qualify for the second stage – JEE Advanced for admission to IITs.
- Admission to B.Arch/B.Plan courses will be based JEE Main Paper II score. For admission in IITs, candidates also have to appear in AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test).
- Around 11.64 lac candidates registered for JEE Main 2018 against 12.15 lac candidates last year.
JEE Main 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018|
|Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Mode of Exam||Online and Offline|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Paper I||B.Tech / B.E.|
|Paper II||B.Arch / B.Planning|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying examination for admissions into NITs, IITs, and GFTI. Qualifying Test for JEE Advanced which provides admissions into IITs.|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions in Paper||90 Questions (30 Questions each in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be allotted for each correct response. For each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.|
|Selection Process||Admission through JoSAA counseling on the basis of the applicant’s All India Rank|
|Application Submitted||Approx 12 Lac|
|Event||Exam Date (Declared)|
|JEE Main 2018 Notification||22nd November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st December 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||8th December 2017|
|JEE Main Computer Based Mock Test Release||13th December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||2nd January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||9th-22nd January 2018|
|Correction Fee submission||9th-23rd January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||12th March 2018 (Released)|
|Offline exam||8th April 2018|
|Online exam||15th & 16th April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||24th & 27th April 2018|
|Result (Score & Rank)||30th April 2018|
|AIR Rank Declaration(Paper 2)||31st May 2018|
|Availability of Rank card and Scorecard on website||After JEE Main All India Rank Declaration|
Only those applicants who have qualified in JEE Main will be able to participate in the counseling session. JoSAA will conduct online allocation of seats based on the applicant’s All India Rank in JEE Main, category, availability of seats and other factors. Post seat allocation, the applicants will have to report to their allotted Institute for document verification and fee payment. JoSAA/CSAB are the authorities who conduct counseling process for admission in IIITs, IITs, NITs, and CFTs.
Submit following documents for verification:
- 3 Passport size Photographs
- JEE Main Admit Card 2018
- JEE Main Result 2018
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Seat Allotment letter
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
Past year JEE Main Cut off trends:
JEE Main Rank Predictor
From below given table you can also predict your ranks through marks scored in JEE Main:
|Marks obtained in JEE Main||Central Rank (All India Rank)|
|Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|1 to 20||1093115||1121966|
|21 to 40||844546||1093113|
|41 to 60||463444||844544|
|61 to 80||237035||463443|
|81 to 100||125723||237034|
|101 to 120||67651||125722|
|121 to 140||35929||67649|
|141 to 160||18372||35928|
|161 to 180||8998||18371|
|181 to 200||4164||8997|
|201 to 220||1756||4163|
|221 to 240||707||1755|
|241 to 260||245||706|
|261 to 280||84||244|
|281 to 300||10||83|
|301 to 326||1||9|
How many students appeared in JEE Main past years?
|Year||Number of students appeared|
Guide to Fill JEE Main Application Form
- Aadhar Card Authentication
- Fill basic details
- Mobile and Email ID verification
- Scanned Image/Signature Uploading
- JEE Main Application Fee Payment (via Online and Offline Mode)
- JEE Main Slot Booking Process (For Exam day)
- Taking the Acknowledgement Page for future reference.
JEE Main 2018 Admit Card:
CBSE released JEE Main Admit Card on 12th March 2018. Candidate can download their hall ticket from the official website @jeemain.nic.in and it should be retained till the counseling process. To download JEE Main admit card, applicants need to enter their application number, Date of Birth and security pin. The admit card will not be sent individually to any applicant, it will be available online. It is advised to the candidates that check carefully the admit card and if there any mistakes and correction required in your admit card immediately contact with the conducting body.
The following steps are to be followed to download admit card of JEE Main 2018.
- The link to download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official website.
- The system will redirect you to the admit card portal.
- Enter JEE Main 2018 Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin in the admit card window
- Click on “Submit” button.
- Check the admit card on your computer screen.
- Ensure all the details are correct before taking a print out.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility criteria:
- Only those applicants whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible to write the JEE Main Exam.
- However, relaxation is provided in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) applicants. The board relaxes upper age limit for the mentioned categories by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD applicants who are born on or after October 01, 1987 are eligible.
- Please note that date of birth recorded in CBSE mark sheets or equivalent will be considered.
Educational Qualification Criteria:
- Applicants who have passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2015 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2019 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2018.
- Applicants must have studied and written exams for at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing Exam.
- The Applicants who have taken only four subjects are not eligible to write JEE (Main) 2018.
No. of Attempts given to applicants:
The number of attempts which applicants can take is limited to 3. This was not counted in the past, but now onwards, it will be counted. The same thing is also been applied for JEE Advanced 2018. You can only apply for JEE Advanced 2018 two times in the same consecutive year.
Eligibility For Admission to IITs, NITs, CFTIs
Candidates who secured 75% marks in qualifying examination (10+2) or be in top 20% percentile in qualifying examination from respective boards and relaxation will be provided to SC/ST category. They only need to score 65% marks in 10+2.
The application fee varies for applicants depending on their Category and Gender.
Offline Exam (Pen or Paper Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
|Exam Center in India||Exam Centre in out of India|
Online Mode (Computer Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
- The applicants can submit their fee through credit card, debit card, and e-challan.
- Applicants those who are choosing e-challan mode would have to pay Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara Bank in cash.
Previous Year JEE Main Topper’s List:
|9.||Varun Teja Chaudhury||9||345|
JEE Main Reservation Criteria
Get JEE Main Reservation Criteria from below given table:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)with 40% or more disability||3% horizontal|
JEE Main Participating Institutes
A total 31 NITs, 23 IIITs, and 23 CFTIs are participating JEE Main 2018. Few states colleges and private institutions also used JEE Main ranks for admission to B.Tech programmes. Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha are includes in this states.
JEE Main Seat Intake
|Institutes||Total No. of Institutes||Total Seats Itake||Category|
|General + General PwD||OBC + OBC PwD||SC + SC PwD||ST + ST PwD|
JEE Contact Information
JEE (Main) Secretariat Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) H-149, Sector – 63, Noida Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar 201309 (UP)
JEE Main 2018 Official Website: jeemain.nic.in
Helpline Number: 7042399520