JEE Main Registrations and Application Form 2018
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main is a most important national level entrance test administrated by the CBSE Board. JEE Main exam is organized for admission in UG engineering (B.Tech) & architecture (B.Arch) courses offered by IITs, NITs, IIITs and other institutions. JEE Main score is considered all over the country for providing admission in B.Tech or B.Arch courses. In this article, candidates can get the core information about JEE Main 2018 application form including fee structure, eligibility criteria, application dates & FAQs and how to fill application procedure.
JEE Main 2018 Registration
Here we are providing some major details about the JEE Main Application Form 2018:
- The application form has been released on 1st December 2017.
- Students should fill the application carefully as per the instructions are given in the information bulletin.
- Correction facility in the application form has been started from 9th January 2018.
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & guardian.
- Images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Candidates have to mention the name and date of taking photograph in the image.
- Candidates also have to book exam slot while filling up the application form.
- After the fee payment confirmation, students should take the print copy of the confirmation page for further use.
- There is no need to send the printed confirmation page to the CBSE board.
JEE Main Registration Fee:
Candidates can pay the application fee through online and offline method. In online mode, payment can be made through debit or credit card and in the offline process, payment can be done through the Challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank. The e-challan will be generated by filling the application form. Payments through other modes like DD, money order, IPO, etc. will not be accepted. The application fee for JEE Main exam is mentioned here:
|Papers||Offline Mode||Online Mode|
|Appearing||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls||General/OBCs||SC/ST/PWD/Girls|
For Examination Centres Opted in India
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
For Examination Centres Opted in Foreign Country
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria to appear for JEE Main 2018:
- Qualifying Exam: Students should have passed the 12th or equivalent exam in 2016 and 2017 with five subjects from any recognized board.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the 12th examination in 2018 are also eligible.
- Subjects: Students must have the Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- Age Limit: Students born on or after 1st October 1993 are eligible to apply (five-year relaxation is given for reserved categories.
- Percentage: There is no minimum marks are needed to appear in the JEE Main exam. For admission to IITs, NITs, CFTIs, students must have secured 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) or be in the top 20 percentile.
- Attempt: Students can appear only three times for JEE Main.
- Aadhaar Card: All India candidates must have Aadhaar Card to apply for JEE Main.
JEE Main Application Date 2018
|Notification release||22nd November 2017|
|Application form starts||1st December 2017 (started)|
|Last date to submit the application||1st January 2018|
|Correction in images||8th December 2017|
|Last date to submit the application fee||2nd January 2018|
|Application form correction facility||9th – 22nd January 2018|
|Exam date||8th April 2018 (offline mode paper) & 15th & 16th April 2018 (online mode paper)|
How to Apply for JEE Main
Candidates can check here some important steps for JEE Main 2018 Registration:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main 2018.
- Go through the link “Apply for JEE Main 2018”.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- Authentication form will appear on the screen, fill all the necessary details and submit it.
- Now, the JEE Main 2018 Application Form will appear on the screen.
- Fill the required details like personal, exam related, academic, address, guardians, etc.
- Review the application form and verify your details before submitting.
- Select the “Upload Scanned Images” option.
- Click on the “Browse” button to select the scanned images.
- Now click on “Final Upload” button to upload the scanned images of a photograph and signature of candidate & guardian.
- Go through the “Pay Examination Fee” option.
- Pay the application fee through online or offline mode as per your choice.
- After the fee payment confirmation, log in again with your Application Number and Password.
- Click on the link related to “Print Acknowledgment Page” and take the printout of it.
- Candidates are advised to preserve the application form for further use.
JEE Main 2019 Registration
JEE Main 2019 Registration will be commenced in the month of December 2018. It will be provided via online mode. JEE Main is a national level exam organized by the NTA. It will be conducted for admission in UG engineering (B.Tech) & architecture (B.Arch) courses offered by IITs, NITs, IIITs and other institutions.